CYCLE DOG – MAP (MINIMUM ADVERTISED PRICE) POLICY
Cycle Dog actively supports the advertising and promotion of its products by its dealers and distributors through materials provided by Cycle Dog at no or nominal cost. Cycle Dog shall not support through advertising or promotional materials, cooperative advertising or otherwise, advertisements or promotional materials that have the effect of diminishing or detracting from the perceived value of Cycle Dog products.
Effective as of 2009, revised in March of 2018, Cycle Dog has established a minimum advertised price (“MAP”) on all Genuine Cycle Dog products. The policy applies only to U.S. and Canadian dealers and distributors.
- Cycle Dog authorized dealers and distributors may not resell Genuine Cycle Dog branded products through 3rd party online retailers such as Amazon, Chewys, Ebay, Overstock.com, Wayfair or any other 3rd parties offering products online direct to consumers.
- The MAP for all Genuine Cycle Dog products is MSRP on each Genuine Cycle Dog price sheet for dealers and distributors. MSRP pricing is established by Cycle Dog for all Genuine Cycle Dog products and may be adjusted by Cycle Dog at its sole discretion.
- The MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Genuine Cycle Dog products in any and all media, including, without limitation, flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, Internet or Internet seller, television, radio, and public signage. The MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is not distributed to any customer.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products (whether made by Cycle Dog or another manufacturer) with a product covered by the MAP policy would be contrary to the policy if it has the effect of discounting the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.
- MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which the products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the dealer’s retail location or over the telephone. Cycle Dog dealers and distributors remain free to sell these products at any prices they elect.
- MAP does not establish maximum advertised prices. All dealers and distributors may offer Cycle Dog products at any price in excess of the MAP established for such product.
- Cycle Dog’s MAP policy does not in any way limit the ability of any dealer to advertise that “they have the lowest prices” or, they “will meet or beat any competitors price”, that consumers should “call for a price” or phrases of similar import as long as the price advertised or listed for the products is not less than MAP.
- From time to time Cycle Dog may discontinue models or engage in promotions with respect to certain products. In such events, Cycle Dog reserves the right to modify or suspend the MAP with respect to the affected products by notifying all dealers of such change. Cycle Dog further reserves the right to adjust the MAP with respect to all or certain products at its sole discretion upon 7 days advance written notice to the dealers and distributors, provided that such changes shall apply equally to all Cycle Dog dealers and distributors.
- Intentional and/or repeated failure to abide by this policy will result in termination of dealership or distributorship. Cycle Dog does not intend to do business with dealers or distributors who degrade the image of Cycle Dog and its products. Cycle Dog will not provide prior notice or issue warnings before taking any action under this policy.
- The terms of this MAP policy are confidential and should not be disclosed to other parties.
- This MAP policy has been established by Cycle Dog to protect the reputation of its name and products. The MAP policy is also designed to ensure dealers and distributors have the incentive to invest resources into services for Cycle Dog customers.
To return to WHOLESALE Page, CLICK HERE